Find below a bunch of resources that I use.
I am not affiliated with any of them. Do your own research before signing up or buying.
- The Carnivore Diet, by Shawn Baker
- Why We Get Sick, by Benjamin Bickman: a book on how sugar destroys your body and life
- Carnivore Code, by Paul Saladino: a book on how and why plants aren’t healthy
- Carnivore Cure, by Judy Cho: I didn’t read it but heard good things about it. Judy has also one of the most informative Instagram accounts on nutrition. You can find her at @nutritionwithjudy.
- The Big Fat Surprise, by Nina Teicholz: a book about the history of how scientists got nutrition all wrong since WWII.
- Sacred Cow, by Robb Wolf and Diana Rogers: a book explaining the role of beef in your body and in the environment.
- Healthy Rebellion
- The Meatrx Podcast
- Peak Human Podcast
- The Genius Life podcast
- Shawn Baker
- Paul Saladino
- Judy Cho
- Robb Wolf
- Mark Sisson
- Brian Sanders
- Mikhaila Peterson
- Max Lugavere
- Sylwia Tabor
- rippedbody.com: workout website
- builtwithscience.com: workout website
- healthline.com: my go-to when it comes to sound health advice.
Changes, Habits and Tricks:
- I stopped using deodorant in May 2019. The human race went for 350 000 years without using deodorant, so I don’t see why we should use some suddenly (it’s actually dangerous). To reduce smell, I shave my armpits, and that’s it. No one ever complained since. If you have problems though, I suggest you use baking soda (bicarbonate sodium). It works amazingly well, and there is no risk for your health.
- I am no longer using toothpaste since May 2019 either. I first manufactured my own toothpaste with baking soda and coconut oil, but I didn’t see the pros of coconut oil so I stopped. Since then, I use plain baking soda to brush my teeth. It’s much cheaper, much healthier, and my teeth are much whiter.
- I am no longer using body soap nor shampoo when I take a shower. The reason is that we have a layer of bacteria on our skin that acts as a fence against other harmful agents. Soap merely kills this layer of bacterias, which decreases the strength of the immune system. The only activity I use soap for is to wash my hands.
- I work out 2-4 times per week, depending on my program, and exercise at least one hour per day (biking or walking).
- I wear blue-light blocking glasses when the sun disappears. They help me fall asleep.
- My bedroom is the coldest room in the house.
- No technology in bed or while eating.
- I try not to check crypto prices first thing in the morning, but it’s hard!
- My bracelet rings at the same time every morning when I have to wake up, and at the same time at night when I have to go to sleep (respecting it is another story…)
- I wear a sleeping mask when I sleep.
- I make sure to respect the four pillars of health and happiness every day.
- I go to sauna as much as I can. A complete sauna session lasts about 2 hours, where I intermittently go in and out of the sauna.
- I take cold showers (when I have the courage to).
- I stretch when I wake up, and before going to sleep.
- I write daily for ten minutes.
For more content, head to auresnotes.com.