Find below a bunch of resources that I use to enquire about finance, economics, and crypto.
The links you click on may be affiliate links.
Crypto is a place FULL of scams.
Please do not blindly trust me, always do your own research before signing up or buying something.
Finance, Economics, and Crypto
- The 14 Immutables Rules of Investing: break them at your own risk.
- Does Universal Basic Income Make Sense Economically?: understanding basic economics and ethics.
- What Is Money, How It Works, and Why We Need It: most people don’t get that money is both infinite and irrelevant.
- The Intelligent Investor, by Ben Graham: the bible of investing in the stock market.
- Basic Economics: Thomas Sowell
- Economics in One Lesson: Henry Hazlitt
- Why Nations Fail, by Daron Acemoglu and James A. Robinson
- The Bitcoin Standard: to understand the revolutionary idea behind bitcoin and the blockchain.
- Blockchain Basics: A Non-Technical Introduction in 25 Steps: the only book you will ever need to finally understand what the blockchain is.
- The Changing World Order: how countries rise and fall.
- How the Economic Machine Works
Blogs and Newsletters:
- Marginal Revolution: a blog created by US economists Tyler Cowen and Alex Tabbarock
- Investopedia: a blog that helped me pass my finance exam.
- Mises Institute: a blog helping you understand economics and economic theory.
- Coindesk: a blog about cryptocurrencies and decentralized finance.
- Coinmarketcap.com: A place to track crypto prices, ICOs, your own portfolios, NFTs, and more.
Youtube Channels and Podcasts:
- Macro Voices: a podcast discussing the stock market and diverse investment opportunities, by Erik Townsend, hedge-fund manager.
- Smarter Market: a podcast discussing the future of financial markets by Erik Townsend, hedge-fund manager.
- Finematics: a Youtube channel that explains important concepts in crypto.
- Ray Dalio: founder and co-CEO of the biggest hedge-fund in the world. He also writes on Linkedin. Very interesting since he takes a historical perspective on everything that is happening.
- PolyMatter: a legit Youtube channel that explains a lot of economic stuff.
- Economics Explained
- Khan Academy: they don’t only teach about economics, but they are worth checking out.
- Bloomberg and CNBC (don’t hate, they actually make 10-15 minutes videos on interesting topics)
- Economics Explained: a great YT channel about economics
Financial and crypto companies providing services:
- Revolut: your bank, entirely online, with amazing rates to buy currencies, crypto, commodities, get healthcare insurances, and book holidays.
- N26: an online bank to open accounts in most EU countries.
- Wise (formerly Transferwise): like Revolut
- Crypto.com: buy and sell crypto, get cashback in crypto
- Nexo: borrow money depending on your crypto staking
- Bitpanda: a European crypto exchange
- Kraken: a cheap and secure crypto exchange
- Binance: one of the biggest crypto marketplaces (has been blocked in most countries, beware).
- Trustwallet: a wallet for your crypto
- Kucoin: a crypto exchange to buy small-cap coins
- Degiro: a secure and cheap stockbroker
- Gate.io: a crypto exchange to buy most coins
For more content, head to auresnotes.com.
Subscribe to my bi-weekly newsletter and I'll send you a list of the articles I wrote during the two previous weeks + insights from the books I am reading + a short bullet list of savvy facts that will expand your mind. I keep the whole thing under three minutes.
Oh, and you'll also receive a hidden article for new subscribers only!
How does that sound?